How to factory reset an iPad and erase all content
There are several reasons you might need to reset your iPad, including selling or transferring it to someone else, encountering problems, or simply wanting a new start. Let’s look at how to wipe the iPad clean and do a factory reset.
Remember that if you have to find my iPad activated, you’ll need to be connected to WiFi or a cellular network and have your Apple ID password to factory reset your iPad.
Moreover, before wiping your iPad, make sure you have a backup of it or have your vital data stored elsewhere (Settings > Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup). See our guide for additional information on that. We also have a thorough tutorial on how to factory reset your Mac.
You may sign out of the App Store and iCloud before deleting your iPad, but with iPadOS 15, this is done automatically as part of the reset procedure.
How to reset the iPad to Factory Default
- Once you’ve created a backup, you’re ready to reset the iPad to factory settings by doing the following actions:
- Choose General from the left-side menu under Settings.
- Tap Reset after finishing the General settings scroll.
- To wipe your iPad, tap Reset All Content and Settings.
- Your choice must be confirmed twice. Apple wants to be sure you’ve made the right decision since selecting this option will reset your iPad to its factory settings. You will also need to input the passcode of the toe to proceed.
- Your iPad will restart after being erased, ready for a new setup.
How to Erase All Content on the iPad
Your personal information is kept safe by erasing all of the settings and data on the iPad. It may also be used as a diagnostic tool to fix issues by removing problematic settings or programs. Consider wiping the iPad completely before trying to reset the network settings and delete the settings. On the same screen that you use to reset the iPad, you may perform both of these actions.
Turning off Find My iPad should be part of the reset procedure.
Backup your iPad Before Resetting
Using iCloud Storage, backing up your iPad’s data is simple. Photos, videos, contacts, documents, and app data and settings are all included in this. It’s crucial to be aware that the iCloud backup service has a storage cap (up to 5GB for a free account), and that once that cap is reached, the user will need to either purchase additional storage or use an alternative like iTunes to back up their iPad data.
You can follow the instructions below to back up your iPad using iCloud:
- Wi-Fi your iPad by connecting to a network.
- On your iPad, open the “Settings” app.
After finding “iCloud” and clicking on it, select “iCloud Backup.” As an alternative, you can use the search box to look for “Backup”.
After making sure “iCloud Backup” is selected, click “Back up immediately.”
Hold off until the backup procedure is finished. Depending on the quantity of data on your iPad, this might take a while.
When the backup is finished, return to the iCloud Backup settings to view the backup status.
How to Reset All Settings
While the iPad’s Reset Settings option does not remove any personal information or apps, it does reset all iPad settings to their original levels. You may reset settings including brightness levels, Wi-Fi passwords, and custom ringtones.
You can follow the instructions below to restore your iPad’s factory settings
- On your iPad, open the “Settings” app.
- Choose “Generic.”
- Go down the page and click “Reset.”
- “Reset All Settings” must be chosen.
- When asked, enter your passcode or your Apple ID and password.
- By choosing “Reset All Settings,” you may confirm that you wish to reset all of your settings.
You can try each of the aforementioned techniques to successfully reset your iPad. The techniques utilizing iTunes and iCloud are a little more difficult and require several prerequisites, which makes them a little more difficult. Tenorshare 4uKey is a powerful program that can effortlessly factory reset your iPad without the need for iTunes, iCloud, or even a passcode. It doesn’t require any prior requirements to be met. It is software that is strongly advised because of this.